Pitched roof systems are becoming increasingly popular for several reasons. There is a growing willingness amongst homeowners to install such systems because the cost of purchasing new homes is now extremely expensive. The existing spaces are now converted which is considered as a highly cost-effective solution.
However, there are many homeowners who are still not aware of the new pitched roof windows in the market. These windows are designed to enhance the overall functionality and increase energy efficiency. It even adds more the overall aesthetics of the roof. The ultimate result is an increase in the home’s value.
What are pitched roof windows?
If you want an instant transformation within the space inside, then consider installation of pitched roof windows
. This will help in reducing the need of artificial lighting in your house. It makes the house look and feel more spacious.
If it is possible, then the homeowners must consider installing these windows on the south-facing side of the house. This is because it will see more sunlight during day time. Moreover, the orientation of sun during day will also have an impact on the position of window.
The options available
There is a wide range of options available within the market when it comes to pitched roof windows. There is a range of variety. There are different materials and features that purchasers can look for. Following are some of the major options that can be purchased:
- Pine timber windows are highly popular within the market. These types are more conventional in its finishing. Even though being traditional selections, these are still manufactured by a number of companies and sold thoroughly. Moreover, this window features timber which acts as a protection helping to preserve the wood.
- Polyurethane roof window is another choice that can be made. This is perhaps becoming highly popular in the market for a number of reasons. One of the major benefits being offered is that much lower maintenance can be ensured after installation. This is a main reason to install this choice. There are other options as well available which comes with triple glazing.
- Centre pivot roof window is another popular choice to make. It entails of a single pane of glass. From the vertical centre, the windows are opened 180 degrees. This options can also be preferred given the wide range of popularity amongst homeowners.
Choose the right glazing
There is a wide range of materials and styles available in the market for pitched roof windows. Furthermore, there are several glazing options available as well. Each one provides a different benefit. Following are some of the selections that you can make:
- Laminated roof windows are classified as safety glazing. It ensures that if an object hits the window with high force, it doesn’t break down and fall. The worst scenario would be a crack on the window.
- For people who live in populated areas where there is a lot of noise, they could consider installation of noise reduction roof windows. There is thick glazing which helps dampening the sound.
One of the major questions that a lot of homeowners come across while installing these windows is how to maintain them. There is a misconception that maintenance costs a lot of money and time as well. If you clean the windows on regular basis and maintain them on regular basis, then you can ensure that windows last longer.
The key to maintaining a pitched roof window is good ventilation. It avoids condensation to form on the surface. This can be specifically beneficial for kitchens and bathrooms where the humidity levels are high.
You should also consider cleaning these windows on frequent basis. Clean the windows using warm water and regular household detergent. A standard glass cleaner can also be used if the roof window is accessible.
Even though maintenance is not costly, purchasing the pitched roof window for the first time can cost you a bit of money. However, this depends on the size, material and glazing that is being purchased.
There is a wide range of prices that you can choose from. Each product come in different sizes and features which would further determine what the price is going to be. Therefore, there is not an exact price that you can look for. The different features that you will select in the pitched roof window will be the determinative factor of what the price going to be.
The bottom line
Above are some of the major things that you need to know about pitched roof windows. However, there is a lot that you can know about it as well. In a nutshell, it is one of the most beneficial features that can be installed in your house to enhance functionality, energy efficiency and visual appeal.