Laminate flooring is reasonable, hygienic, and easier to install flooring choice for the homeowners. It is the perfect consideration for high traffic areas such as living area or foyers, reception area, and waiting room.
Whether it is a living area, concourse, entrance hall or kitchen laminate flooring makes a perfect choice owing to its durability, water-resistance and incredible look it lends to space.
Looking for adding an aesthetic appeal to your space, laminate flooring is the perfect choice for the homeowners. It is aptly stated, “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication,” same goes with the Laminate flooring.
Here in this guide, we will unveil everything you need to know before buying laminate flooring.
Laminate flooring consists of 4 components-
- Wear layer
- Decor layer
- Core layer
- Backer layer
So, without any further ado, let’s get started-
Where to install Laminate Flooring
You can install laminate flooring almost everywhere. But sometimes few practicalities should be taken into consideration while installing. These considerations can vary from room to room, check out a few of them below:-
- Offices:- Laminate flooring is a great choice for office use. But the wheels of your office chair may result in the overuse spots, so pick an AC Rating laminate that is strong enough to take office chair abuse for a long time.
- Entrance and Foyers:- Laminates are not a good option where there will be constant moisture exposure. You can install the laminate flooring there but you have to lay down a mat to keep the moisture off the floor.
- Kitchen:- You can use laminates for Kitchen but just be aware that standing water will cause problems so clean up spills quickly with a damp mop.
- Bathrooms:- Due to general moisture and humidity, laminates are not good for bathrooms.
- Living Rooms:- Living room is the perfect place to install laminates.
You just need to ensure that you use furniture protector pads under your couches, tables and chairs to keep scuffing the flooring.
- Oak Laminates:- Oak Laminates give a timeless finish that complements the style of décor. It is very realistic and more practical than solid oak. It is comparatively cheaper and low maintenance.
- Walnut Laminate:- It is rich wood that authentically captures the natural beauty like knots and grains. It gives the perfect wood floor at an affordable price.
- Hickory Laminates:-Hickory laminates add the character to any living area without the scary price tags. It is available in a variety of shades and choices of finishes.
- Chestnut Laminate:- it has a natural look with natural authenticity. Chestnut laminates are available in various shades and styles.
- Stone Laminates:- It is tile effect flooring that looks fantastically real. It is anti-slip and has a warm surface to walk.
Laminate Flooring Installation Costs:-
The cost is one of the most important factors. Once you pick the laminate flooring, you need to calculate the total installation cost which includes how much square foot laminate you will need along with the moulding and underlay cost. A pre-estimated budget makes a good start to a successful laminate flooring installation.
Apart from these material costs, there are some additional expenditures also that may have to be considered before laminate flooring installation. Here is the list of extra expenditures:-
- Accessories for installation:- The installation process requires accessories like adhesives, tools to install laminates properly. Be sure that all these should be included in your installation agreement.
- Installation Cost:- You need to determine the installation cost per square foot.
- Furniture removal and replacement cost- Estimate the charge to remove the furniture out of the installing site and moving it back after installation. Some installer includes this costing in the installation agreement.
- Taking off the old Floor Covering:- You may need to remove your old flooring covering to install the laminate flooring, also the debris has to be disposed of. You can do it yourself but if you don’t, it is a cost incurring step.
- Subfloor Preparation:-if your floor needs to be treated for unevenness, this pre-installation work also incurs additional charges.
These are some additional charges, you may consider before opting for laminate flooring. This is not a complete list, so you need to have a good conversation with your flooring installer to get the complete information. Try to get an installation quote that includes all charges.
Buying your laminate Flooring:-
The most important thing is to pick a reputed dealer to buy the laminates for the flooring. You need to get good services throughout the purchase and installation process. The best way to find the best one is to ask the tough questions and be prepared to move out if you don’t get a satisfactory answer. Below are some questions to be asked to the dealer:-
- Is there an expert in your company to answer all my questions?
- Can you measure my space and provide an estimate?
- Do you have professional installers or can you help me to find?
- Do you guarantee the work of your installer?
- Is the chosen laminate floor readily available or do you have to order?
- Do you offer the lowest price?
- Do you have a money-back guarantee?
- Do you have online reviews on your product?
- Do you deliver? If yes what are shipping charges?
- What is the warranty for your product?
- What happens if I don’t like the product?
- What if I found it damaged upon delivery?
- Do you have all the required accessories?
- Can I take a sample home with me?
These are some questions you need to ask when you are going to buy a laminate floor. It will help you to make the process more approachable.
Maintenance of Laminate flooring
Homeowners need to take good care of laminate flooring to keep it looking perfectly pristine. Regular maintenance is all you require for its upkeep and to keep it immaculate and flawless for the years to come. Grey laminate flooring is an immensely popular flooring solution.
Do you know, laminate flooring demands a special kind of upkeep and maintenance. Let’s take a read-
How to clean the laminate floor?
Laminate flooring demands regular cleaning to safeguard them from getting scratched and distorted.
- Avoid using harsh cleaners to prevent them from getting damaged
- Regular cleaning with a dry mop
- Clean up spills instantly
- Use area rugs or doormats in a high traffic area
How to keep the look of your laminate flooring brand new?
- It is imperative to maintain indoor relative humidity between 35% to 65% throughout the year.
- Very importantly, keep your pet nails trimmed to prevent them from scratching the floor.
- Consider using a mat or carpet under furniture or chairs.
- Don’t attempt to slide heavy volume products across the floor.
Things you need to know before installing Laminate flooring
Get ready for installing laminate flooring! Here is what you need to know to gear up the installing process.
- You can install laminate flooring in just any room.
- Life cycle- You can’t merely take into account the cost at the time of installation. You should figure out how long the materials will last.
- Make sure the floor is clean and levelled up.
- Measure the area of the room to determine the total square footage.
Few reasons to opt for laminate flooring
- Laminate flooring is incredibly strong and scratch-resistant.
- The installation of this sort of flooring is comparatively quick.
- Laminate flooring can be installed in any room.
- The great part about laminate floors is they are crafted from high-density fibre boards which is incredibly durable and lends a graceful look and underfoot comfort.
- Value for money- Yes, laminate flooring is indeed value for money invested.
- A wide choice of colours and textures are available to pick from.
- Laminate flooring is hygienic and acts as a great shield against moisture.
Get best oak laminate flooring at Floor Save. Explore the varied and fantastic range of flooring and consult for genuine assistance from our sales team.
Hope it has been an informative read.